- Visit all the famous sights of the Golden Circle, including Gullfoss, Geysir and Þingvellir National Park
- Explore the Jökulsárlón Glacier Lagoon, with its blue waters are dotted with icebergs, found next to the largest Glacier in Iceland – Vatnajökull
- See Europe’s most powerful waterfall – Dettifoss
- Explore the unique biosphere area of Lake My?vatn and surrounds
- Visit the award-winning Herring-Era Museum
- Spend time in cosmopolitan capital Reykjavík and shop for souvenirs.
- English-speaking Tour Director, an expert in all the destinations
- 17 nights in carefully selected 5 star luxury hotels. Overnight in suites, deluxe rooms or historic hotel rooms
- 17 breakfasts, Scandinavian buffet style
- 11 lunches, based upon two-course menus, including two drinks per person (soft drink, beer or wine at restaurants choice)
- 8 dinners based upon a three-course menus, including two drinks per person (soft drinks, beers or wine at restaurant’s choice. Or wine package where recommended and specified in the program. Complimentary water, coffee and tea available)
- Porterage service in & out of all hotels
- Long-distance coach from day 3 – 5 & day 9 – 16 offers WIFI and water on coach. (All tours and transportation, as mentioned in the program, including one water per excursion and guest with local coaches)
- Norway in a nutshell combination train ticket, including the Flam railway
- Visits, excursions and entrances as mentioned in the programme conducted in private.
- 8 nights accommodation
- 8 breakfasts, 5 dinners
- Touring by private coach
- Sightseeing as per itinerary
- Entrance to Sigurgeir’s Bird Museum
- Entrance to Laufás Folk Museum (including refreshments)
- Herring-Era Museum Entrance.
- Upgrade to an Iceland Complete small group tour (16 people max). Ask for dates and rates.
Iceland beckons the discerning traveller with its mystery and grandeur. An exotic blend of wild terrain and Nordic sophistication, this country will enthrall you with its epic waterfalls, gigantic glaciers and steaming geothermal springs.
DAY 1: Reykjavik
Arrive in the Icelandic capital and make your own
way to the hotel.
Day 2: Gullfoss - Geysir - Vik
Explore Reykjavík briefly before travelling to
Gullfoss, the Icelanders’ favourite waterfall. The hot
springs and mud pools of Geysir and Strokkur will
amaze you, as will the towering Seljalandsfoss and
Skógafoss waterfalls. Visit the Dyrhólaey Nature
Reserve (closed during the nesting season from
mid-May to late June). BD
Day 3: Skaftafell - Jökulsárlón - Hofn
Cross the world’s largest lava mass before arriving at the village of Kirkjubæjarklaustur. Continue to the breathtaking Skaftafell National Park and the fabulous glacial lagoon at Jökulsárlón. BD
Day 4: East Fjords – Egilsstadir
Drive through the magnificent Almannaskarð Pass
and the East Fjords today before stopping to admire
Petra Sveinsdóttir’s celebrated collection of rare
Day 5: Dettifoss - Lake Mývatn
Today, experience the vastness of the
Möðrudalsöræfi desert plateau, the boiling
Námaskarð mud pools, and Dettifoss – Europe’s
most powerful waterfall. Later, see haunting lava
formations and the Laxa River, famous world-wide
for its salmon-fishing. BD
Day 6: Lake Mývatn Area - Akureyri - Siglufjordur
Start the day by exploring the Lake Mývatn area,
including Dimmuborgir, Goðafoss and the Laufás
turf farm museum, before heading to Akureyri.
Spend some time exploring Akureyri before driving
along steep mountains with amazing views over
the Arctic Sea and black sand coastline, heading
toward Siglufjordur. B
Day 7: Skagafjörður - Borgarnes
Visit the award-winning Herring-Era Museum,
before heading through north Iceland towards the
village of Blonduos built on both sides of the river
Blanda. Hrutey Island, a protected nature reserve,
sits within the centre of this popular Salmon River.
Cross the vast Holtavorduheidi plateau to spend
the night in beautiful Borgarnes. BD
Day 8: Þingvellir - Reykjavik
Pay a visit today to Europe’s fastest-flowing hot
spring, and the stunning Hraunfossar waterfalls.
Continue to Lake Þingvallavatn, set in a beautiful
national park. Return to Reykjavík this evening. B
Day 9: Reykjavik
Your tour ends this morning after breakfast. B